Welcome to TEAMMATES!
- Set up a course
- Create a session
- Wait for your session to open
- View and publish session results
- Learn about other actions you can perform
- Contact us
1. Set up a course
A course is how TEAMMATES organises feedback sessions. Each course contains instructors, students and sessions specific to the course.
Create a course
From the Home page, click .
Fill out the following form. Hover your mouse over text to reveal tooltips which tell you what the element does.
Enroll students in the course
Go to the Courses page and click the button of the corresponding course.
Students can be enrolled into teams (e.g. project groups) and sections (e.g. tutorial classes, lecture groups) to facilitate giving feedback in and among these smaller groups.
TEAMMATES will not automatically notify students that they have been enrolled. However, if you would like students to access TEAMMATES sooner (e.g. if you would like them to fill in their profile page in advance), click the button of the course in the Courses page. Then, click button, which will send them instructions to access TEAMMATES immediately.
Add instructors to the course
From the Courses page, click the button of the course you would like to add instructors to. You will be directed to the Edit Course page where you can add a new instructor to your course. You can specify the access level of any instructor you add to a course. For more information about how to add an instructor to your course, click here.
2. Create a session
A feedback session is a course-specific feedback questionnaire. Design the questions you want answered in your feedback session, then wait for the session to open! Each feedback session will be open to responses between the opening and closing times you specify.
Create a session
Go to the Sessions page and create a session. Choose between:
- Session with my own questions
- Creates an empty feedback session
- Allows you to craft custom questions that fit your needs
- Session using template: team peer evaluation
- Provides 5 standard questions for team peer evaluations
- Allows you to modify/remove the given questions and add your own questions as required
For each question, you can set the following:
- Question type: the style of question being asked. Choose from our 10 different question types.
- Question feedback path: the feedback giver and feedback recipient
- Response visibility options: who can see the answers, giver name and recipient of a response.
After you have finished setting up your session, preview the session as a student or another instructor.
3. Wait for your session to open
After you have set up your session, you're all set! You do not have to inform students when a session opens.
TEAMMATES automatically sends emails to students and instructors according to the preferences you specify when you create a session. The default settings are:
- When a session opens, TEAMMATES will automatically email students instructions to access the session. A copy of that email will be sent to you.
- 24 hours before the closing time of a session, students will be sent a reminder to complete their responses.
- When the results of a session are published, students will be sent instructions to access the results.
You can manually send reminders to students at any time while a session is open. Click the button of the session from the Home or Sessions page.
In addition, if you would like students to access TEAMMATES sooner (e.g. if you would like them to fill in their profile page in advance), click the button of the course and click button, which will send them instructions to access TEAMMATES immediately.
4. View and publish session results
After a session has opened, you may:
- View responses: see what respondents have answered, even if the session is still ongoing. Go to the Sessions page and click the corresponding button.
- Moderate responses: edit inappropriate responses from respondents before publishing the responses.
- Add comments to responses: reply to respondents' answers, or add your own notes on a response. You can make your comment visible to other instructors, the response giver, and/or the response giver's team.
- Remind students to submit responses: TEAMMATES automatically sends reminders to students; however, you can also manually send reminder emails to students at any time while a session is open. Click the button of the session from the Home or Sessions page.
- Submit responses for students: if a student has missed the closing time of the session, or is unable to submit the evaluation due to technical problems, you can submit the student's responses on his/her behalf.
After a session closes, you may:
- Publish results: make a session's results visible to students. Click the dropdown on the Sessions page, then select Publish Results. Students will not be able to view the session's results until you publish them.
- Download results of a session in spreadsheet format: first view the results of a session, then click to download the results of a session as a CSV file.
5. Learn about other actions you can perform
Beyond allowing you to collect and disseminate feedback, TEAMMATES can be a useful repository of student and course information. You may use TEAMMATES to:
- View a student's profile and all past records of a student: view the profile that any enrolled student has written for him/herself, and see in one place all submissions given/received by a student. Handy for examining how a student progressed through a course.
- Edit a student's data: change a student's registered name, section or team name, or email address. You can also note down comments on students, for example to inform other instructors of information about a student that they should take note of.
- Email a group of students: contact students regarding their feedback responses, or the course in general. Also handy for locating the email address of past students.
- Search: search for students, teams or sections, or search for questions, responses or comments.
- Archive old courses: archive old courses that you no longer need actively.
6. Contact us
If you have doubts, comments, or questions about using TEAMMATES, just email us. We respond within 24 hours.